Kupalle (Midsummer) Celebration in London on Saturday 22 June 2013
The Anglo-Belarusian Society invites its members and friends to the traditional Kupalle (Midsummer) celebration on Saturday 22 June 2013 at 3pm – 10pm in the garden of 39 Holden Road, London N12 8HS.
- Making flower crowns, the witch and decorating the wheel (we shall expect helpers to arrive with or without flowers at 2pm)
- Photo-booth for those willing to have a picture in traditional Belarusian costume
- Belarusian raffle (please let us have your donations of Belarusian produce at least 30min before the event)
- Games, songs (download songs) and dancing
- Kupalinka & Kupalič
- Fern-flower (Paparać-kvietka) hunt (children)
- Jumping over the fire
- Flower crowns at the Dollis Brook
The Anglo-Belarusian Society takes all efforts to ensure that this will once again be a celebration in the true Belarusian ethnographical tradition. Please assist us if possible by bringing along flower-crowns and wearing Belarusian costumes. The use of the Belarusian language will be encouraged!
All gifts of cold food, both home-made and bought, will be welcome. Please note that there will NOT be a barbeque this year.
Offerings of wine, beer and soft drinks will also be gratefully received, but – please – NO SPIRITS.
There will be a collection to cover the expenses (£7 for members, £9 for
The evening will conclude at 10pm.
Pictures from last year’s Kipalle are available here.